Verification of payment order
Pursuant to Cabinet Regulations No.972 of 12.10.2010 "Regulations
concerning the procedures to be followed in effecting payments into the state budget and in recognizing them as having been
received, and concerning requirements for use of online payment services in settlements with the state budget" it is no
longer necessary to verify at the bank a range of payment orders printed from the Internet Banking site. No confirmation by the
bank is required on payment orders that serve as proof of a payment into the state budget (taxes, state duties, fines, paid services,
and other non-tax revenue).
The regulations referred to above do not apply to other payments or payees.
From 01.09.2012 the government institutions will use the state budget electronic settlements system called e-Kase for verifying the receipt
of payments made via payment services providers (banks). Consequently, payers will no longer need to obtain a confirmation of payment from their
payment services provider (bank) and, instead, the government institution itself will verify the receipt of payment.
The regulations apply to
- institutions financed out of the state budget;
- institutions not financed out of the state budget and capital companies in which a part of the capital of the state has been invested;
- notaries public (as far as administration of state budget funds is concerned).
The regulations do not apply to
- judicial institutions and payments to be made into the state budget in connection with judicial institution activities;
- enforcement officers (sworn bailiffs) and payments to be made into the state budget in connection with enforcement activities;
- payments to be made into budgets of local governments and municipal institutions;
- payments not made into state budgets.
The table gives a summary of cases when individuals and businesses do or do not need to have the bank's verification on payment orders printed from Internet Banking site.
|Verification not necessary
|Payments into state budget by natural and legal persons
||Taxes, state duties, fines, paid services and other non-tax revenue and the corresponding accounts are listed on the website of the State Treasury.
||As from 01.09.2012, all institutions use the state budget electronic settlements system called e-Kase for verifying payments.
|Verification is necessary
- payments into the state budget in connection with judicial institution activities;
- payments to enforcement officers (sworn bailiffs) and payments into the state budget in connection with enforcement activities;
- payments to institutions not financed out of the state budget or if the payment is not transferred to state budget (e.g. local governments, tertiary education institutions).
- tuition fees;
- municipal duties;
- duties related to legal proceedings;
- payments related to enforcement actions.
|Verification by the bank: bank employee's stamp and signature on the payment order