Will I be able to pay by my card at all online merchants?
Yes, if the merchant accepts this type of cards and has not set any restrictions, you will be able to pay. We suggest carefully reading information on the website and check for any special rules for customers based in other countries or other restrictions, for instance, the merchant may verify that the card issuer bank, product delivery address and the customer's IP address are in one and the same country.
What's 'secure internet shopping'?
Secure internet shopping, using the international online purchases protection system MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by VISA, means additional verification of the cardholder’s identity during shopping in participating online stores that have implemented the security system. Internet Banking user credentials must be entered in the Internet Banking log-in window for the additional verification of identity.
Where can I register my card for secure internet shopping?
Log on to Internet Banking, go to "Secure internet shopping" and click "Register".
Each card must be registered separately. Renewed cards must be registered anew for secure internet shopping.
How can I check whether the card is registered for secure internet shopping?
You can do so on the Internet Banking site in the "Secure internet shopping" section.
There is an icon next to the respective card’s number. Green icon means that the card is registered for secure internet shopping. Red icon, in turn, means that the card is not registered.
To register your card for safe online shopping, click on the “Register” button.
Where can I find the CVV/CVC code and what is it?
The CVV/CVC is a three-digit code located on the reverse side of card next to the signature panel.
The CVV/CVC code is used in confirmation of card transactions.
What issues should I consider when shopping online?
- Check the website for any special terms and conditions applicable to customers based in other countries.
- Check the card details on the Internet Banking site in “My cards” section and find out:
- whether the card is valid (for example, the validity date “12/18” means that the card is valid until the last day of December 2018);
- whether the card is registered for online shopping.
- Check whether you’re entering the card validity date and CVV/CVC code correctly when making your purchase on the Internet.
- Verify that the account has sufficient funds in the card currency.
- Check if the card transaction limit has been exceeded. Further information about modifying limits is provided in the “Limits” section.
- If necessary, try using other computer, smartphone, tablet PC or other browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer. Clean computer’s cache regularly.
- If the issue persists, try using the card again later or inquire about the experience of other users.