Card acquiring via terminals (POS)
In order to create more options for your clients to pay for goods and services at your retail location, and to offer them the most modern payment solutions, you can use POS terminals for card acceptance.
The POS terminal is an electronic device that enables the acceptance of any bank-issued payment cards at your company’s retail location. With the terminal installed, your company’s customers will be able to pay for your goods and services without using cash.
For POS terminals to function properly, the retail location must be equipped with an Internet connection or a telephone line (may be shared with a phone or other device) and a 220 V outlet for connecting the POS terminal. For the convenience of customers, we also offer mobile POS terminals that connect to GSM (mobile) and Wi-Fi (wireless internet) networks.
Benefits of setting up POS terminals:
- a wider range of customers, including those who prefer non-cash payments
- reduced cash handling expenses as some of the money is transferred to the bank account right away
- increased security for settlements as there is less risk of losing revenue due to robbery or employee mistakes
- attraction of foreign buyers - tourists prefer non-cash payments which allows them to avoid having to exchange their cash for local currency
- higher prestige for your company as you will be using the latest payment technologies and will offer customers more payment options and convenience
it is worth noting that Swedbank is the largest card issuer in Latvia, and every other purchase is made using a Swedbank card. Thanks to this market dominance your company will be able to save on purchase commission fees by opting to install Swedbank POS terminals
This service requires that you:
- complete, and submit for review an “Application for Payment Card Service Agreement” to email@example.com and receive the bank’s confirmation about the availability of the service
- hold a current account with Swedbank
- have a telephone line, Internet or mobile connection at your retail location
- sign a Payment Card Service Agreement with Swedbank.
If you require any other customized services or you need any clarifications, Swedbank specialists will be happy to answer any questions you may have at any of our branches or by phone at 67 444 444